Anna joined the team at Total Physiotherapy in January and brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience. Anna specialises in the prevention and management of chronic conditions such as osteoporosis, arthritis, metabolic conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and recovery from common musculoskeletal injuries, she also has a particular interest in Women’s Health.
Anna offers two Functional Fitness classes per week and a weekly Beat It Program. Functional Fitness classes offer specific gym-based exercise programs for those who don’t feel confident going straight back into past exercise habits or if you are unsure what are the best exercises specifically for you. Beat It Program is a program of one-hour weekly classes designed by Diabetes NSW for people with Diabetes. Each Beat It class follows a circuit format including exercises for fitness and strength also including an education component including healthy eating. Clients with Type 2 Diabetes attending this class are able to receive a Medicare rebate.
Anna will also be introducing to Total Physiotherapy specialised programs these include:
- Parkinson’s Program: offering specifically designed exercises for those with Parkinson’s.
- Bone Health Program: designed for patients who may have been diagnosed with osteoporosis or osteopenia, on hormonal therapy or other therapies which impact bone health.
Anna strives to help you find balance in your body through movement and works with you to understand not only your current health status but lifestyle and motivations towards health.
- B. Applied Science (Exercise and Sport Science) from Sydney University
- M. Exercise and Sport Science from Sydney University
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist, full registration with Exercise and Sport Science Australia
- Cert III and IV in Fitness