Women's Health Physiotherapy
Continence and Women's Health is a specific area of physiotherapy that requires additional training to provide management of problems that can occur in women throughout life. Louise, Rebecca and Laura have pursued a high level of continuing education and have extensive experience in this area.
Watch our Real Time Ultrasound Video by clicking the link below to get an insight into what is involved in a Women's Health Consultation: https://youtu.be/4Q5VpUKgGuE
Areas we can help with:
Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Stress urinary incontinence (leaking of urine with a cough, sneeze, laugh, exercise etc.)
- Urgency/ urge incontinence (sudden urge to empty the bladder, possible leaking before reaching the toilet).
- Faecal incontinence
- Functional constipation
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pain in the vulva/vaginal area sometimes related to intercourse
Pregnancy and Postnatal Problems
Pain or lack of stability in the low back, coccyx or pelvic girdle (sacro-iiac joints and pubic symphysis)
- All our physiotherapists can help with this. Our women's health physios can assess if the pelvic floor is involved in the problem.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Wrist Pain
- Our expert hand physiotherapists can help with this.
Abdominal separation (diastasis rectus abdominus)
Ultrasound Therapy for breastfeeding conditions (mastitis, engorgement) or postpartum haemorrhoids
- A one hour assessment of abdominal muscle function, pelvic floor muscle function, pelvic control particularly in relation to return to exercise. Any time after 6 weeks postpartum.
Post Mastectomy Problems
Shoulder, chest or upper back stiffness or pain
General exercise advice
Lymphatic drainage (Therapist - Gunda Lehman)
Watch our Real Time Ultrasound Video Here: https://youtu.be/4Q5VpUKgGuE