Total Physiotherapy offers specialist paediatric physiotherapy treatment for children from infants to school age for issues with movement and their musculoskeletal systems. Fiona Elliott has an expertise in treating children.
Some indications your child would benefit from a paediatric physiotherapy are:
- Infants with flat head or neck turn to one side (torticollis and plagiocephaly)
- Babies slow to roll, crawl or walk
- Delayed movement milestones
- Toe walking toddler
- Falling over excessively, tripping, clumsy
- Pigeon-toed walking
- Flat feet, talipes or metatarsus adductus
- Clicky hips
- Running awkwardly
- Hypermobility (double-jointed)
- Difficulty with hopping, skipping, swimming, running or riding a bike
- Foot, leg, back or tummy pain that is worse with activity (walking or running)
- Postural issues (sway back, protruding tummy, winging shoulder blades)
- Poor ball skills, poor hand-eye coordination
- Motor learning difficulties
- Musculoskeletal problems such as knee pain
- Babies that have trouble moving out of sitting.
- Bottom-shuffling instead of crawling.
For more information on the following conditions, click the below links to download our PDFs
You can also see further information regarding paediatric common conditions by clicking HERE.
Early Childhood Early Interventions (ECEI)
The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach supports children with developmental delay or disability. Early intervention is recommended for maximum improvement in function, participation and health. It uses a family-centred approach where you can choose your goals and your therapists.
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) partners with Cerebral Palsy Alliance (CPA) in the Northern Beaches to help with NDIS application and planning. They manage the ECEI and NDIS plans of local children age 0-6. If your child has a developmental delay or disability, you can self-refer to CPA. Your child may be eligible for funding towards their physiotherapy requirements. Children will receive support towards their goals based on their needs, regardless of diagnosis.
Paediatric physiotherapy can assist with Capacity Building Supports for Improved Daily Living. We can improve gross motor skills, function, independence and participation. We are experienced in providing assessments and reports for ECEI.
The ECEI is under review and expansion in 2021. For further information visit ndis.gov.au/ecei
Contact us today on 02 9907 0321 to speak with Fiona Elliott or book an appointment online by clicking here.