Exercise Physiology Programs
We are able to offer specific gym based exercise programs at Manly Vale under the guidance of a fully qualified exercise physiologist Jo Lindsay in either small groups or as individual sessions - targeting patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain or post-operative care.
Exercise physiology is ideal for you if:
- You have been given the all-clear from your physiotherapist but don’t feel confident going straight back into your past exercise habits
- You are unsure what are the best exercises specifically for you.
- Your doctor told you that exercise would reduce your risk of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis.
An exercise physiology program will include elements from the 5 facets of fitness most relevant to you –aerobic, strength, core stability, flexibility and balance. It can be undertaken in our dedicated gym area or we can develop a program for you to carry out in your own home or gym.
Beat It is a program of one hour weekly classes designed by Diabetes NSW and delivered by Jo Lindsay, our exercise physiologist.
- It follows a circuit format including exercises for fitness and strength. There is also an education component including healthy eating.
- It is not just for those with diabetes, however participants who have type 2 diabetes receive a rebate from Medicare.